Updated March 27 2015
Recent posts of note:
- New PHAI study in AJPH focuses on the tobacco industry’s use of personal responsibility rhetoric, how its legal defense strategies inform its public relations messaging
- PHAI Takes Cigarette Companies to Court
- Copycat Snacks Undermine School Nutrition
- PHAI’s Gottlieb Calls Out FDA and White House for Failing to Aggressively Implement the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
- PHAI’s Gottlieb and Wilking Co-author study in JAMA Pediatrics Showing that Fast Food Giants Confuse and Deceive Kids
- Historic $79 Million Cigarette Settlement Signifies Beginning of Wave of Tobacco Cases in Massachusetts
- New study finds McDonald’s and Burger King responsible for 99% of fast-food television ads for kids, suggests industry’s efforts to self-regulate its marketing practices are ineffective
- PHAI publishes new resource: http://SmokeLitigation.org;
- PHAI has created an FDA Tobacco Litigation Tracker to follow legal challenges to FDA’s authority to regulate tobacco products.;
- PHAI’s Daynard Maps Bold Endgame for Smoking in United States in NY Times Op-Ed.
Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to help us continue our work. Paypal or credit cards are accepted. Thank you!
Please subscribe to our news feed.